Baker City, OR - Oregon State Police say a driver using a cell phone crashed Wednesday on Interstate 84 east of Baker City in Eastern Oregon.
Troopers say the 21-year-old Sherwood woman was distracted on a curve and collided twice with the center concrete barrier.
Her pickup rolled and she had to be extricated from the wreck by firefighters. She was treated for minor injuries at a Baker City hospital. A 21-year-old passenger was able to climb out with minor injuries.
Troopers cited the driver for unlawful use of a mobile communication device. A new law this year makes the minimum fine $142 and the maximum as much as $500.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position