PAYETTE, Idaho - Police in southwest Idaho say a Union Pacific cargo train collided with a tractor-trailer stuck at a railroad crossing.
Payette police tell KTVB-TV that no one was injured in the collision at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday that cut the trailer in half.
Police say the semi became high-centered on the crossing when gear on the semi dug into the asphalt.
The collision occurred near a Seneca Foods distribution plant and scattered cans of food being carried by the semi.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car