PORT ANGELES, Wash. - A 650-foot cargo ship was towed to Port Angeles after losing power Monday in the middle of the Strait of Juan de Fuca near Neah Bay.
The state Ecology Department says the MV Westwood Columbia was outbound with lumber and other cargo when the failure occurred in Canadian waters.
The Peninsula Daily News reports an emergency response tug based at Neah Bay towed the ship to Port Angeles in less than an hour.
The ship is being repaired for what appears to be an electrical problem. It has to pass a Coast Guard inspection before getting back underway.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives