Eugene, OR - Police say car thefts in Eugene are up 16 percent compared to last year this time.
The reasons aren't clear but police have a suggestion: Lock you steering wheel with The Club.
The Register-Guard reports police sell the locking device at the wholesale price, and they have sold more than 2,000 of them since 2009.
Crime prevention manager Debbie Janecek says car thefts are prevented when The Club is properly installed.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'