MEDFORD, Ore. - Police chased a car stolen from Lake Stevens, Washington, at high speeds Tuesday night on Interstate 5 until the driver exited the freeway in south Medford, lost control and hit a curb.
Oregon State Police say the driver fled on foot but officers arrested a passenger, an 18-year-old woman from Kent, Washington.
Police searched the area until 1:30 a.m. Wednesday and didn't find the driver, but they have tentatively identified him as a 19-year-old from Washington.
The woman was lodged in the Jackson County Jail on stolen car charges.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land