KENNEWICK, Wash. - A car stolen from a Kennewick car dealership was recently found more than 2,500 miles away in Key West, Fla.
Sgt. Ken Lattin tells the Tri-City Herald stolen cars are usually stripped or taken for short joy rides. It's unusual to find one clear across the country.
People at the car dealership in south-central Washington say the 2000 Nissan Sentra was parked on a back lot in November because of engine problems and they were surprised it made it all the way to Florida.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line