GRESHAM, Ore. - Police in the east Portland suburb of Gresham say a car driven by an 82-year-old man hit two neighboring houses Monday evening but no one was hurt.
Lt. Claudio Grandjean says both homes suffered extensive damage.
He says the accident did not involve drugs, speed or alcohol.
Police say the Ford Crown Victoria drove into one home, then careened into the house next door.
Grandjean says the driver, Donald B. Eads, told officers he confused the brake pedal with the gas pedal at a "T" intersection and drove straight through a yard into both houses.
No citations were issued.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting