SEATAC, Wash. - Firefighters have controlled a fire that burned three or four cars in the parking garage at Sea-Tac Airport.
Spokesman Perry Cooper says Port of Seattle firefighters responded about 7 a.m. Tuesday to the fire on the sixth floor at the north end of the garage. Flames were controlled with help from the city of SeaTac Fire Department.
Cooper says airport operations remained normal. The arrival and departure drives remained open. Ticketing and flights were not affected.
Smoke closed a service tunnel at the airport. Doors to the north end of the terminal were closed when smoke started to drift in.
The airport garage has room for 13,000 vehicles.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car