TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A south-central Idaho candy company that has been making treats for international customers for nearly eight decades has never entered the local Death by Chocolate competition.
That changes Thursday.
Officials with Frederickson's Fine Candies of Twin Falls tell The Times-News they'll sweeten the competition by entering their hand-dipped chocolate covered caramels in the candy category.
The ninth annual Death by Chocolate event also has categories for best chocolate brownie, cake, cookie, and unique dessert.
Event organizer Jill Skeem says this year's charity event is expected to be the largest ever with 25 vendors competing. It typically draws about 1,000 chocolate lovers.
Money raised from the event goes to local charities.
Mary Thrall of Frederickson's Fine Candies says event organizers have been bugging them to enter for years.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car