BOISE, Idaho - The Ada County Coroner's Office says a woman whose body was found in a canal in Boise likely died in an accidental drowning.
Forensic supervisor Robert Karinen released the information Friday following the discovery of the woman's body Thursday.
He says the woman's identity is still being confirmed, and that toxicology reports will take several weeks.
Police say a canal company employ found the body behind a church near State Street.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position