CALDWELL, Idaho - A 41-year-old Caldwell woman is charged with felony aggravated battery after she acknowledged shooting her husband during a domestic dispute.
Paige Ann Ireland's bail was set at $500,000 on Monday in the shooting of 34-year-old Samuel "Buford" Ireland.
Court records say Paige Ireland told investigators that she and her husband were arguing Sunday and she decided to leave the house. She told investigators she grabbed the rifle because she wanted husband to leave her alone.
Court records say she did not believe the gun was loaded, but her husband yelled at her to shoot him so she pointed it at him and squeezed the trigger, hoping to scare him with the "trigger click sound." The gun fired. She called 911.
Samuel Ireland underwent surgery and was hospitalized in intensive care.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car