NAMPA, Idaho - A 66-year-old Caldwell man who was hit by a car in Nampa last week has died.
Nampa police tell the Idaho Statesman that Carlos Garcia died Saturday, four days after he was struck while jaywalking. Officials say he was about 50 feet from a marked, lighted pedestrian crossing when he was struck on Nov. 5.
Police say the driver of one car spotted Garcia and stopped in time, but the driver of a second car did not and struck Garcia. The second driver was not cited.
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire