NAMPA, Idaho - A 66-year-old Caldwell man who was hit by a car in Nampa last week has died.
Nampa police tell the Idaho Statesman that Carlos Garcia died Saturday, four days after he was struck while jaywalking. Officials say he was about 50 feet from a marked, lighted pedestrian crossing when he was struck on Nov. 5.
Police say the driver of one car spotted Garcia and stopped in time, but the driver of a second car did not and struck Garcia. The second driver was not cited.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home