CALDWELL, Idaho - Amid financial questions, the board president and interim executive director of the West Valley Human Society have resigned.
The Idaho Press-Tribune reports that the shelter announced the resignation of Board President Brenda Cameron and interim Executive Director Susan Woodward on Monday afternoon.
The resignations come after governmental entities, including the cities of Nampa and Caldwell and Canyon County, began considering a financial audit of the shelter after a number of late invoices.
Complaints have also led the cities and county to seek the appointment of a member to the shelter's board.
Shelter officials say they will work with the Idaho Humane Society to begin restructuring management.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017