BEND, Ore. - Central Oregon officials are hoping to restore Redmond-to-Los Angeles flights starting in June.
Roger Lee, the executive director of Economic Development for Central Oregon, told business leaders Wednesday that American Airlines is considering a 50-seat commuter flight from the Redmond Airport to L.A.
The catch, however, is the community must commit to buying $350,000 in prepaid tickets by March 15.
The Bulletin newspaper of Bend reports that Central Oregon has lacked nonstop access to Southern California since Horizon Airlines ended its flight in August 2010.
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane