BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's pro-business lobby says Republican state Rep. Heather Scott has one of the worst voting records on supporting commerce and has decided to throw its support behind her Democratic opponent.
Kate McAlister is the only non-incumbent the Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry has endorsed during this year's general election.
Zach Hauge, political director for the influential lobbying arm, says McAlister has a history of supporting commerce because she is currently the president of the chamber of commerce in Sandpoint.
Scott, who is running for her second term, has been praised by the far right groups for voting no on most bills and opposing refugee resettlement in Idaho. Her northern Idaho legislative district swings overwhelmingly Republican.
Scott didn't return calls asking for comment.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position