BOISE, Idaho - Police in Boise say the brakes failed on a city passenger bus causing it to careen through a parking lot before crashing into the Idaho Power corporate headquarters.
The crash happened just after 6:30 a.m. Monday in downtown Boise.
Police say the brakes on the Valley Ride bus failed and the driver wasn't able to maintain control. The bus collided with several parked cars, trees and light poles before crashing into the building.
A city transit official says there were between seven and 10 passengers on the bus and one with a pre-existing condition was taken to the hospital.
Idaho Power spokeswoman Stephanie McCurdy says the bus struck the building near an underground loading area. She says no one in the building was injured and that the building is structurally sound.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line