MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. - If clothes make the man -- or woman -- they also make a burglar easy to spot, especially if the woman whose clothes were stolen walks into the same restaurant.
King County sheriff's Sgt. Cindi West says a Maple Valley, Wash., woman called 911 yesterday after walking into a restaurant and spotting a woman wearing some of the clothes stolen in a burglary the day before.
West says the 28-year-old suspect hid in the restaurant bathroom until officers arrived and arrested her for investigation of burglary. Officers also found in her possession other items taken in the burglary.
The crime started Wednesday when the victim briefly left her purse sitting on a table at a coffee shop. She returned to find the purse gone. Another customer volunteered that a woman with bad acne had picked up the purse and left.
The victim returned home to find numerous items missing, including some of her clothes. The burglar left behind some of her own clothes.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults