CALDWELL, Idaho - A 24-year-old burglary suspect who was shot by Caldwell police is now in jail after he was released from the hospital.
Caldwell police say James Stell, of Parma, had a firearm and didn't obey orders when officers from the SWAT team surrounded a home Friday morning and shot him. Police say he broke into that home.
The Idaho Press-Tribune says it's unclear whether Stell returned fire or pointed his weapon at police before he was shot.
Police Chief Frank Wyant did not immediately know how many rounds were fired, but said the shooting is under investigation. No officers were injured.
Stell was in Ada County Jail Saturday on a warrant for a parole violation.
The Canyon County critical incident task force will refer any charges to the Canyon County prosecutor.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017