BOISE, Idaho - Boise State University has announced a $12.5 million, 15-year deal to change the name of the school's blue-turf football stadium from Bronco Stadium to Albertsons Stadium.
School President Bob Kustra made the announcement Wednesday morning at the stadium along with Albertsons CEO Bob Miller.
Miller says he can't wait for the first football game of the season when the stadium will be adorned with the new name.
The stadium is notable for its blue turf where the Boise State Broncos play.
Albertsons started 75 years ago in Boise and eventually spread to about 2,500 stores before being put up for sale.
Albertsons parent Cerberus Capital in March announced it was acquiring Safeway in a deal worth about $7.64 billion in cash that will bring together Safeway and Albertsons.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting