SEATAC, Wash. - A late night brush fire along Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac blocked multiple lanes of the freeway and ruined the Monday morning commute for those traveling north toward Seattle.
KIRO-TV reports the fire was nearly contained by early Monday morning. But it was still affecting the morning commute as firefighters put out hot spots and state transportation officials kept lanes closed.
The Washington State Department of Transportation says at the height of the morning commute, traffic was backed up at least 7 miles, making the trip from Federal Way to Seattle take nearly two hours.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position