SEATAC, Wash. - A late night brush fire along Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac blocked multiple lanes of the freeway and ruined the Monday morning commute for those traveling north toward Seattle.
KIRO-TV reports the fire was nearly contained by early Monday morning. But it was still affecting the morning commute as firefighters put out hot spots and state transportation officials kept lanes closed.
The Washington State Department of Transportation says at the height of the morning commute, traffic was backed up at least 7 miles, making the trip from Federal Way to Seattle take nearly two hours.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River