SEATTLE, Wash. - The hero who wrestled down the gunman at Seattle Pacific University has not talked about the experience publicly, but the brother of Jon Meis spoke Sunday to the congregation at First Free Methodist Church on campus.
Chad Meis thanked the community for its support and credited his brother's religious faith for his bravery.
KIRO reports Chad Meis asked the congregation to pray for Paul Lee who was killed and for Sarah Williams and Thomas Fowler who were wounded.
Williams remains in a Seattle hospital.
Fowler told KOMO he saw Lee killed and ran for a class room to warn other students to lock the door behind him. Fowler didn't realize he had been hit in the neck by shotgun pellets until he his clothes were bloody.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car