Coos Bay, OR - Residents near Lighthouse Beach in Coos Bay woke up Monday to find that six large sections of a broken dock had washed ashore overnight.
The largest is about 15 feet long, and they include sections of wood, cement and plastic foam, which is littering the beach.
It's not tsunami debris from Japan. The World reports the debris is what remains of a dock that floated out to sea last week from a nearby harbor.
The South Coast Ocean Shores coordinator for the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Calum Stephenson, says because of access restrictions it may be difficult to remove the debris from the beach.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River