BREMERTON, Wash. - Bremerton police will try wearing video cameras.
Chief Steve Strachan recently told the City Council two officers will test them before the department makes a final decision about wearable cameras.
The Kitsap Sun reports each camera costs about $500 and can be attached to a uniform collar.
Strachan says other police agencies that have adopted cameras have seen complaints against officers decline. He says when police tell people they're being recorded, it usually changes their behavior.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line