BREMERTON, Wash. - Police in Bremerton, Washington, have arrested a man after several reports of someone carrying a rifle and waving at cars.
Police Chief Steve Strachan says officers found the man in a parking lot Thursday morning, placing reflective signs in the road. They found a .308-caliber rifle in the bed of his pickup. The chief says there were rounds in the rifle's clip and the man had a matching bullet in a pocket. Police say the truck also had multiple license plates.
Strachan says the man made repeated references to "his children" and told officers he'd been waiting for them.
The chief says 31-year-old Aaron Tubbs was arrested for investigation of brandishing a weapon and disorderly conduct.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car