Bozeman, MT - A plan to renovate the Wilson Auditorium in Bozeman has received a $300,000 donation.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports the donation from the Gilhousen Foundation raises the total donations received so far to $2.5 million.
The Bozeman Schools Foundation hopes to raise $3.5 million by the end of March for work needed to fix up Bozeman's largest performance space.
Schools Foundation Director Mary Jo O'Donnell says the money raised so far is enough to fix up the auditorium itself.
That involves reupholstering 1,100 seats and improving acoustics for $1.8 million.
She says the next priority is installing an elevator and bathrooms at a cost of $700,000.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home