Portland, OR - The 10-year-old Portland boy who was injured in a 40-foot fall at Silver Falls State Park was released Wednesday from Oregon Health & Science University Hospital to finish recovering at home.
Wilson Pelot was on a hike with his family when he leaned against a broken railing Sunday and fell off the trail near the Lower South Falls.
The Statesman Journal reports he has a broken wrist, injuries to his lung and spleen and a gash on his skull that required eight staples.
His father, Liam Pelot, says he may consider filing a claim to help pay medical bills. He also says he's grateful to the park staff, emergency responders and hospital staff who helped care for Wilson.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line