HELENA, Mont. - Prosecutors in Jefferson County have filed felony charges against two Clancy men involved in a fatal crash on Interstate 15 near Montana City.
The Montana Standard reports 22-year-old Carl Erickson Mullen faces charges of vehicular homicide while under the influence and negligent vehicular assault. Prosecutors allege Mullen had a blood-alcohol level of 0.265 early on June 14 when he crashed his pickup truck. Court records say he left the truck on the highway and didn't warn oncoming vehicles or report the accident.
A vehicle driven by 42-year-old Jason West struck Mullen's wrecked pickup. The collision killed Wyman Robert Hewitt and caused severe injuries to Anne Boster, both passengers in West's vehicle. Court records say West's blood-alcohol level was 0.08 and there was no evidence he tried to brake to avoid the collision. He faces three counts of criminal endangerment.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position