HELENA, Mont. - Prosecutors in Jefferson County have filed felony charges against two Clancy men involved in a fatal crash on Interstate 15 near Montana City.
The Montana Standard reports 22-year-old Carl Erickson Mullen faces charges of vehicular homicide while under the influence and negligent vehicular assault. Prosecutors allege Mullen had a blood-alcohol level of 0.265 early on June 14 when he crashed his pickup truck. Court records say he left the truck on the highway and didn't warn oncoming vehicles or report the accident.
A vehicle driven by 42-year-old Jason West struck Mullen's wrecked pickup. The collision killed Wyman Robert Hewitt and caused severe injuries to Anne Boster, both passengers in West's vehicle. Court records say West's blood-alcohol level was 0.08 and there was no evidence he tried to brake to avoid the collision. He faces three counts of criminal endangerment.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting