KENT, Wash. - King County sheriff's deputies evacuated passengers and closed a Kent street after a suspicious bag was found on a Metro bus.
A SWAT team and a bomb squad with two robots responded about 7 a.m. Monday. Nearby businesses were evacuated, near Southeast 240th and 104th Southeast.
Buses were rerouted. The air space over the scene was closed to news helicopters.
KOMO reports a robot destroyed the device and officials determined it was left over from an earlier bomb training drill.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults