BOISE, Idaho - The NCAA says Boise State University can immediately assist a homeless football player who signed to play with the team in February.
KTVB-TV reports that the NCAA announced Wednesday morning that the school can assist 21-year-old Antoine Turner.
Boise State officials asked for a waiver that would allow the school to help Turner.
Turner is scheduled to graduate from Fullerton College in California on May 23.
He's expected to move to Boise on May 31 or June 1.
The school says the 6-foot-3, 280-pound defensive tackle has a full scholarship that includes room and board.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday