BOISE, Idaho - A 24-year-old man suspected in a fatal hit-and-run in Boise has surrendered to police.
Officers say Adam Weinert of Boise surrendered to police just before 4 p.m. Sunday and was booked into the Ada County jail.
He was wanted on a warrant charging him with felony leaving the scene of an accident.
Weinert is suspected of hitting a man who was walking across State Street at about 1:15 a.m. Friday and then driving away. The victim died of his injuries at a Boise hospital. His name hasn't been released.
Weinert was scheduled to be arraigned Monday.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday