BOISE, Idaho - The city of Boise has opened the Kristin Armstrong Trail for kids in honor of the two-time Olympic gold medalist cyclist.
The city held a dedication ceremony on Thursday for the half-mile dirt trail that goes around Boise Hills Park.
Officials say the trail is designed for children 12 and under.
Armstrong, the mother of a 3-year-old, lives nearby and tells the Idaho Statesman that it's a flat trail and good for kids learning to ride.
Armstrong won gold in the time trial at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and again in the time trial at the 2012 London Olympics.
The city of Boise used a Neighborhood Reinvestment Grant to pay for the $3,600 trail project.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives