Baker City, OR - The Baker City Public Works Department says recent water samples were free of cryptosporidium and a boil order has been lifted.
Health officials still recommend that people with compromised immune systems seek the advice of a health care professional before drinking the tap water.
The source of cryptosporidium is usually animal feces . The parasite causes severe diarrhea and is believed to have sickened hundreds of Baker City residents this summer.
A water advisory was issued July 31 and a boil order followed days later.
The Baker City Herald reports officials will continue to closely monitor the water.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults