Stevenson, WA - A Skamania County sheriff's officer says a Stevenson, Wash., High School student accused of sending out a Twitter message that put the school into lockdown has been arrested.
The Oregonian reports that Undersheriff Dave Cox says the student sent out a tweet Monday that included the words "gunmen at school!!!"
Cox says 18-year-old Austin Raphael of North Bonneville was arrested for investigation of felony harassment.
The officer says school officials quickly implemented lockdown procedures and deputies were sent to the school.
Chief Criminal Deputy Pat Bond says the situation was quickly resolved.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting