Stevenson, WA - A Skamania County sheriff's officer says a Stevenson, Wash., High School student accused of sending out a Twitter message that put the school into lockdown has been arrested.
The Oregonian reports that Undersheriff Dave Cox says the student sent out a tweet Monday that included the words "gunmen at school!!!"
Cox says 18-year-old Austin Raphael of North Bonneville was arrested for investigation of felony harassment.
The officer says school officials quickly implemented lockdown procedures and deputies were sent to the school.
Chief Criminal Deputy Pat Bond says the situation was quickly resolved.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather