SEATTLE - Chicago-based Boeing said today that it has purchased airplane software company AerData Group to offer its customers a way to manage maintenance records.
It's the second technology company that the aircraft maker agreed to buy in less than a week.
On Friday, The Boeing Co. announced it was buying fuel-saving software maker ETS Aviation. Terms of both deals were not disclosed. Both AerData and ETS Aviation will be offered to Boeing customers under a package called Boeing Edge.
AerData's software is used by airlines and other aviation companies to manage airplane leasing and other records. AerData has about 120 employees in the Netherlands, the U.K. and Ireland.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults