LEWISTON, Idaho - Nez Perce County deputies, while attempting to recover a body that was discovered in the Clearwater River just south of Lenore along Highway 12, discovered later it was a pile of floating debris.
The debris was spotted between a private campground and a sportsman's access area and, unsuccessful in retrieving it, they had called for a boat to assist in the recovery when they determined it was not a body.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday