ENNIS, Mont. - Search crews have located the body of a 19-year-old Montana State University student who went missing while swimming in a lake in southwestern Montana.
Madison County sheriff's Sgt. Phil Fortner says the body of Trevor Ball of Helena was found in Ennis Lake just before 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. He died of accidental drowning.
Undersheriff Roger Thompson said Monday that deputies, firefighters and search crews responded at around 1:30 p.m. to a report that a man was missing.
Thompson says the man was swimming with friends when he began struggling and went under water.
Ennis Lake is about 12 miles north of Ennis.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land