RIGGINS, Idaho - The body of a 51-year-old Caldwell man who had been missing since his pickup truck crashed into the Salmon River in central Idaho in mid-May has been recovered from the river 17 miles east of Riggins.
The Idaho County sheriff's office told the Lewiston Tribune on Friday that the body of Marlin Riggs was recovered by Idaho Fish and Game and the Idaho County coroner on June 22, a day after kayakers reported spotting the body.
Riggs was part of a group of inmates who sued Corrections Corporation of America over prison violence in Idaho in 2010. The case was settled, but the terms were not released.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school