MISSOULA, Mont. - Authorities have identified a body found in the Clark Fork River a 19-year-old Missoula man who disappeared in the river in May.
The body was found last Monday in the Alberton Gorge about a mile upstream from the Triple Bridges on Interstate 90.
On Monday, Missoula police confirmed it was that of a man who drowned after jumping from the Madison Street footbridge on May 16.
The Missoulian reports that the victim's family has asked police not to release his name.
The man and a female friend had been swimming in the river. Both jumped from the bridge, but only one of them made it to shore.
Rescuers were unable to find the man and the search was called off the next day due to dangerous conditions.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image