JAMESTOWN, N.D. - Authorities have recovered the bodies of two Idaho men believed drowned in a boating accident on Spiritwood Lake in southeastern North Dakota.
KFGO radio reports that searchers recovered the first body Monday afternoon and the second body Monday night. The state medical examiner will conduct autopsies.
Authorities say a third man was able to make it to shore after the men's canoe capsized about midnight Sunday.
Authorities did not immediately identify any of the men involved, though Stutsman County Sheriff Chad Kaiser told KFGO that the victims were contractors from Idaho who were remodeling a lakeside home.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday