JAMESTOWN, N.D. - Authorities have recovered the bodies of two Idaho men believed drowned in a boating accident on Spiritwood Lake in southeastern North Dakota.
KFGO radio reports that searchers recovered the first body Monday afternoon and the second body Monday night. The state medical examiner will conduct autopsies.
Authorities say a third man was able to make it to shore after the men's canoe capsized about midnight Sunday.
Authorities did not immediately identify any of the men involved, though Stutsman County Sheriff Chad Kaiser told KFGO that the victims were contractors from Idaho who were remodeling a lakeside home.
- Skeletal remains in Idaho badger den are from 2 children
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved