ENTERPRISE, Ore. - Officers from agencies in Idaho and Oregon are looking for a woman who went missing from a campsite along the Snake River in Hells Canyon, leaving behind her shoes and dog.
On the Oregon side of the river, Wallowa County Sheriff Steve Rogers said officers from several agencies were conducting a search, and boats were on the water Tuesday in the canyon.
The canyon is harsh terrain with sparse, unreliable communications links, and Rogers says information is sketchy. The woman has been missing since Sunday and is described as in her 60s.
He said Nez Perce County deputies from the Idaho side of the river are leading the search, with help from his office and personnel from the U.S. Forest Service and Oregon State Police.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car