AUBURN, Wash. - A freight train derailed about 1 a.m. Monday just south of Auburn blocking freight and passenger trains.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe spokesman Gus Melonas (mel-OWN'-us) says two rail cars carrying cargo containers from Tacoma to Chicago left the tracks.
Melonas says crews with a crane and other equipment should have the track reopened by Monday evening. Meanwhile, Amtrak and Sound Transit commuter trains are blocked, and passengers are being bused.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line