AUBURN, Wash. - Police suspect a disturbing discovery in Auburn may be evidence of a crime.
An off-duty federal agent driving down Peasley Canyon Road Wednesday afternoon noticed a fire in the woods and stopped with his extinguisher. A man at the fire sped off in a dark SUV before the agent discovered what he was burning: blood-soaked carpeting, towels and flooring.
KIRO reports police are investigating -- having the blood tested at a crime lab and asking for leads from the public.
Cmdr. Dave Colglazier says detectives presume the blood came from a crime scene, but they haven't found it yet.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time