AUBURN, Wash. - Police investigating bloody items dumped along a road in Auburn, Washington, are also investigating a second scene after getting a tip.
Cmdr. Mike Hirman said earlier Thursday that police don't have a body but they believe there was a serious crime.
Officers found a significant amount of blood on carpeting and flooring a man was burning in woods just off the Peasley Canyon Road. An off-duty federal agent driving by on Wednesday afternoon saw the fire, stopped with his extinguisher and saw a man speed off in a dark SUV.
KING-TV reports that police on Thursday had a search team hacking through thick brush at a separate location after officers got a tip that they might find evidence there.
Hirman did not immediately return a phone call late Thursday seeking details on that new search.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car