Billing, MT - Police in Billings are investigating the shooting death of a 49-year-old man and are questioning a potential suspect.
Officers were responding to a report of a man pointing a gun at another man at just before 1 a.m. Tuesday, but when they arrived they found the victim had been shot in the chest several times. He died at the hospital.
Lt. Jeremy House says investigators also have detained witnesses for questioning.
House says officers don't yet know what led to the shooting.
The victim's name was being withheld until family members can be notified.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting