Billings, MT - Police in Billings have arrested five men on suspicion of felony forgery after they tried to cash checks at a bank while police were there on a different case.
Lt. Mark Cady says officers had been looking for a group of people that began cashing forged checks at local banks on Monday. Officers were at a Western Security Bank branch on another matter Wednesday when the men came in.
Bank employees were able to alert detectives and a chase ensued. Elijah Bearing of Lame Deer fled on foot and was arrested nearby. The other men, all from Georgia, left in a black sport utility vehicle. The men ended up running away after the driver of the SUV lost control.
Cady says the men were arrested while trying to check in at a motel.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River