Billings, MT - Police in Billings have arrested five men on suspicion of felony forgery after they tried to cash checks at a bank while police were there on a different case.
Lt. Mark Cady says officers had been looking for a group of people that began cashing forged checks at local banks on Monday. Officers were at a Western Security Bank branch on another matter Wednesday when the men came in.
Bank employees were able to alert detectives and a chase ensued. Elijah Bearing of Lame Deer fled on foot and was arrested nearby. The other men, all from Georgia, left in a black sport utility vehicle. The men ended up running away after the driver of the SUV lost control.
Cady says the men were arrested while trying to check in at a motel.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force