BILLINGS, Mont. - A 59-year-old Billings man died when the vehicle he was riding in crashed on Interstate 94 near Glendive.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the 34-year-old driver fell asleep and the cargo van went off the highway shortly after 2 p.m. Thursday. The driver overcorrected and the vehicle crossed both lanes, went into the median and rolled. It landed on its top.
The Billings Gazette reports the victim, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the van and died at the scene. His name hasn't been released.
The driver suffered minor injuries.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults