BILLINGS, Mont. - A 58-year-old Billings man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for repeatedly sexually abusing a girl for three years, beginning in 2003 when she was 6 years old.
Tyrone Dean Jacobson pleaded guilty in May to four felonies including sexual intercourse without consent. The Billings Gazette reports Jacobson's lack of remorse led District Judge Michael Moses to sentence him Thursday to 40 years in prison with 15 suspended.
Moses ordered Jacobson to complete two phases of sexual offender treatment before being considered for parole.
A letter from the victim said she had flashbacks about the abuse and had been suicidal. The woman's mother asked Moses to lock Jacobson up for the rest of his life.
Other women reported being sexually abused by Jacobsen, but the statute of limitations had expired in their cases.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured