Billings, MT - Bail was set at $200,000 for a 28-year-old Billings man charged with sexual abuse of a child in a case that is still under investigation.
Ronald Curtis Brown made an initial appearance in Justice Court on Tuesday.
The Yellowstone County sheriff's office began investigating after the mother of a 14-year-old girl told deputies her daughter had been texting "RC," who was later identified as Brown, and that the girl had sex with him twice.
Detectives got a search warrant for "RC's" phone and learned he had also been texting a Lewistown girl. A detective, posing as the girl, arranged to meet Brown in Billings. Prosecutors say Brown sent a nude photo of himself to the detective.
Prosecutors say detectives are still investigating and Brown may have had contact with several other underage girls.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives