Billings, MT - Bail was set at $200,000 for a 28-year-old Billings man charged with sexual abuse of a child in a case that is still under investigation.
Ronald Curtis Brown made an initial appearance in Justice Court on Tuesday.
The Yellowstone County sheriff's office began investigating after the mother of a 14-year-old girl told deputies her daughter had been texting "RC," who was later identified as Brown, and that the girl had sex with him twice.
Detectives got a search warrant for "RC's" phone and learned he had also been texting a Lewistown girl. A detective, posing as the girl, arranged to meet Brown in Billings. Prosecutors say Brown sent a nude photo of himself to the detective.
Prosecutors say detectives are still investigating and Brown may have had contact with several other underage girls.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting