Billings, MT - A 24-year-old Billings man is charged with aggravated assault after his fiancee's 3-year-old daughter suffered a skull fracture in July.
Stephen Edward Santillan made an initial appearance before Justice of the Peace David Carter on Friday. If he is able to post his $50,000 bond, he is not allowed to have contact with the victim or any witness in the case.
Court records say the girl was brought to a Billings hospital on July 11 with a skull fracture and bleeding on her brain. The girl was flown to Children's Hospital Colorado for treatment. Charging documents say the girl is recovering, but has shown signs of being developmentally delayed.
Court records say Santillan initially reported the girl was injured when her 18-month-old sibling hit her in the head with a toy.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting