Billings, MT - A 24-year-old Billings man is charged with aggravated assault after his fiancee's 3-year-old daughter suffered a skull fracture in July.
Stephen Edward Santillan made an initial appearance before Justice of the Peace David Carter on Friday. If he is able to post his $50,000 bond, he is not allowed to have contact with the victim or any witness in the case.
Court records say the girl was brought to a Billings hospital on July 11 with a skull fracture and bleeding on her brain. The girl was flown to Children's Hospital Colorado for treatment. Charging documents say the girl is recovering, but has shown signs of being developmentally delayed.
Court records say Santillan initially reported the girl was injured when her 18-month-old sibling hit her in the head with a toy.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults