Missoula, MT - A pickup truck went off an icy highway west of Bigfork, hit a guardrail and rolled down an embankment into the Swan River, killing a 42-year-old Bigfork man.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the man was driving on Montana Highway 209 at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday when he lost control of the pickup. He was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the pickup and died at the scene.
A 22-year-old Kalispell man who was a passenger was taken to Kalispell Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.
Officials have not released the names of the men involved.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force